3. Completion of a Rotax authorized 912/914 Series Heavy Maintenance course within the last 24 months.
4. Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in maintenance of Rotax 4 stroke Aircraft Engines.
5. In-depth Knowledge of piston powered aircraft engines.
6. Experience and knowledge of precision measurement equipment.
7. Applicant must prove he has the facilities, tools and a requirement for overhaul training and meet pre-approval for same.
Maintenance personnel intending to perform complete tear-down Repair/Overhaul of Rotax 912 and 914 series Aircraft Engines.
5 Day hands-on course covering the following according to the Overhaul & Heavy Maintenance Manuals:
• Hands-on teardown and evaluation of 912 / 914 Series Rotax Aircraft Engine:
• Compete disassembly including splitting case
• Proper documentation procedures
• Inspection of systems and components
• Hands on measurement and qualification of components
• Hands on re-working of all components including cylinder heads, gearbox etc.
• Hands on re-assembly of engine
• Test run and qualifying engine
• Tips, tricks and tools of the trade
At the end of this 5 day Overhaul course, the learner will have gained basic proficiency and pre-requisite experience to Overhaul a complete Rotax 912 / 914 series engine including Components.
• Certificate awarded for successful completion.
• iRMT applicants are issued an iRMT Certificate with Overhaul Rating.
• Serves as pre-requisite experience for engine type as listed in FAR 65.81.
• Serves as 40 hours of initial, recurrent or update training when and where applicable.