1. Completion of a Rotax authorized 914 Series Maintenance course within the last 24 months.
2. Minimum 2 years hands on experience maintaining Rotax 4 stroke Aircraft Engines.
Maintenance Personnel seeking in-depth heavy Maintenance information on Rotax 912 and 914 Series Aircraft Engine.
2 Day hands-on course covering the following with reference to the Rotax Heavy Maintenance Manual:
Hands-on tear down, inspection, repair and re-assembly of the following components:
• Gearbox / shimming / Friction & Slipping torque
• Cylinders / pistons and cylinder heads / valve train
• Ignition housing / Water pump seal
• Turbo charger / exhaust system
• Sprag clutch
• Oil pump
At the end of this 2 day Heavy Maintenance course, the learner will have gained basic proficiency and pre-requisite experience to Repair Rotax 912 / 914 series components.
• Certificate of attendance awarded for successful completion.
• iRMT applicants are issued an iRMT Certificate with Heavy Maintenance Rating.
• Serves as pre-requisite experience for engine type as listed in FAR 65.81.
• Serves as 16 hours of initial, recurrent or update training when and where applicable.