English French German Italian Portuguese Spanish Swedish


Thursday, 05 March 2015 09:56

So, how do I get my new upgraded carb floats under the "Float Exchange Program"? - The answer varies from country to country...

Written by Rotax-Owner

Many people have been asking, “How do I get my new upgraded carb floats?”. That’s a good question so we’ll try to clarify the correct steps in the following:


ROTAX Service Bulletins SB-912-067 / SB-914-048  and  SB-912-067UL / SB-914-048UL specify certain serial number ranges for engines and carburetors which may contain floats with incorrect buoyancy. 

Your first order of business is to verify that you have 912/914 engines or carburetors in the specified serial ranges - OR that you have purchased floats as replacement parts between July 1st, 2012 and February 23rd, 2015. If so, then you are eligible to receive replacement floats under the Rotax warranty exchange program. 
The procedures below are similar for most regions but may vary depending on your Rotax retailer/distributor's specific requirements and/or the requirements of their respective regional authorities. (We'll update this document with additional country-specific exchange protocols as they become available.)


First and foremost - contact the authorized ROTAX distributor or service center for the territory your engine is operated in to request the floats.

If you don’t know a Rotax retailer you can find one online (Click here for the Service Locator).

Be ready to supply the serial number of the affected engine and/or carbs, as well as the mailing/shipping address you want the replacement floats to be sent to.



USA  For non-certified engines (UL) In the USA, and in other regions where warranty service is administered by the ROTAX distributor Kodiak (American Samoa, Antigua And Barbuda, Argentina, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Bolivia, Brazil, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Diego Garcia, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, French Guiana, Grenada, Guam, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Mexico, Netherlands Antilles, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Saint Kitts And Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Pierre And Miquelon, Saint Vincent And The Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad And Tobago, Turks And Caicos Islands, Uruguay, Venezuela, Virgin Islands)...



Customers with non-certified (UL) engines, that have affected serial numbers must contact their respective independent Service Centre, (iSC).  At that time they may purchase the parts from the iSC.


When the old parts are returned and the paperwork is submitted with valid serial number, a credit will be issued back to the customer. (The iSC will require the customer to return the old floats, tagged with the engine serial number, before the customer can receive a refund.) 


For customers who prefer to have the parts changed by a qualified independent Rotax Maintenance Technician, (iRMT), contact your service provider directly to make appropriate arrangements. 





Canada  For Non-certified engines (UL) In Canada, (and for Certified engines anywhere in North, South, and Central America), you can request your warranty replacement floats online directly from the ROTAX distributor "Rotech". You must make a separate request for each affected engine (or replacement float set).



For Other Countries: Contact the ROTAX® Authorized Distributor or their Service Centers for the territory your engine is operated in.  (Click here for the Service Locator).



* In some regions (depending upon local laws and regulations) you may be allowed to destroy the affected floats, in other cases you'll be required to send your old floats to the service provider to be destroyed. (Check with your service provider to verify)
In all cases the old floats cannot be returned to service!

*   In some cases (depending on country), in order to obtain warranty service your engine may have to be  pre-registered into the distributor’s registration system – therefore your service provider may request you to complete a registration process before he can fulfill your warranty request for exchange floats (again, check with your service provider as different processes may be in place for different countries - not all are exactly the same).

** Should you have spare parts floats in your shop stock that were not supplied with a specific engine or carburetor, then you will be required to provide an invoice or other proof of purchase showing that the floats were purchased after July 1st, 2012 from a legitimate source.





Read 12288 times